Community Connection Program
The Community Connection Program has provided alternative services for juveniles before the court and court services unit in the counties of King William, King and Queen, Middlesex, New Kent, and Charles City since 1995. The services are funded through the Virginia Juvenile Community Crime Control Act (VJCCCA). The Community Connection Program provides support, intervention, and education to assist youth in discovering their strengths and abilities while helping them grow and thrive in becoming productive and successful citizens.
- To provide a balanced, community-based system of services, programs and sanctions for juvenile offenders.
- To provide services that will divert juveniles from secure detention.
- To allow local autonomy in addressing juvenile crime and emphasizing juvenile and parental responsibility.
The services provided assist in keeping CSA and secure detention costs down. They also provide an alternative to removing a juvenile from the home, thereby providing a forum for supervision while the juvenile awaits his impending court date or supervision while education, counseling or other juvenile related services are provided within the community.
Programs/Services provided by the Community Connection Program
- Community Service Work
- Law Related Education
- Substance Abuse Education
- Anger Control Education
- Intensive Supervision
- Electronic Monitoring
- Specialized Plan Services